Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic Bystar 3015 3kw laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

penfold33

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2004
GB
Hello all.
I have recently moved to a new postion, I have been working on Amada lasers, baby 1kw machines at that. I am trying to find some usefull information on the Bystar for when I start. Mainly cutting parameters and such like. I have had a brief look at the console and obviously very different from the Fanuc one I am used to.

Thankyou
Darren

darren

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Darren,

Please provide the control version of this machine. All you have to do is go to the console and press the "main" key. This will tell you the control version.

As far as cutting parameters, some of the features in the Bystronic control are similar but yet different from the Fanuc.

Let us know

Thankyou very much for your reply. I havnt actually started the position yet, not until next week. Just trying to gain as much info as possible. The Laser m/c is a Bystronic Bystar 3015 3kw. Actually there are two, one 3000 other 4000w. Both in horrible orange colour! I barely looked at the console, one is DOS based the others windows. Apparently there is no G-code programming of which I am used to on the Amada machines. Hence a little concerned on that front. Cutting parameters appear to be different also, as opposed to power, frequency, duty etc on the Amada.
I have been used to cutting up to 8mm mild steel and 4mm stainless. Now obviously I will be cutting much thicker including alluminum, and have been searching frantically for cutting tips etc. The company I will be working for are not very experienced in Laser cutting, and am trying to gain more knowledge to add to my own. Thanks.
Darren

darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back