Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bystronic tool radius compensation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasa75

Industrial
Sep 25, 2011
RS
hello there, i am new in laser world and in this community also.
I have one issue that i want to share with you.I am runnung Bystronic Byvention 3015,and i have some problems with tool radius compensation.During the cutting process i am allowed to change tool compensation, but sometimes the result is ,that machine cuts some contours that don`t exist on drawings .The explanation of the Bystronic guys was that CNC gets confused if the tool compensation is changed while cutting contours.They say that i should change TRC only when i stop and wait for few seconds after it .As i understand the other machines by Bystronic are operated by Byvision ,and there you can change even parameters during cutting.So what is your opinion on this ?Is this normal for all Bystronic machines or this is issue that this certain controller has.Do you change TRC on your Bystronic while cutting?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No not all Bystronic machines. The Byvention was designed to "set and forget". The problem is the little controller is limited and you have to change most parameters via laptop networked to the machine. Bysoft/Parameditor. TRC may change with different materials and heat expansion. Focus could create issues with TRC as well, a deeper focus may need adjustment. -HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back