Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cabin & Strucutres specs ( related to thread2-325049 ) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afarr

Aerospace
Sep 30, 2015
MT
Dear all,

Good afternoon.

Let me briefly introduce myself. I am a relatively new design engineer getting more & more interested in the aviation world.

Recently I came across this thread ref: thread2-325049 in which a few spec references related to cabin structures & interiors were mentioned.
Can someone provide me a way how to obtain or better get a copy of the manual specs. This would help me get familiar with some more aviation docs.

--> D6-55441: Galley/Interior Structural Requirements;
---> and some airbus (A319, A320,A330) specs namely 2530 M1|1500 00; 2530 M1| 0001 00; 2530 M1| 1000 00

Your expertise & help is highly appreciated

Best regards,

Afarr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
This is probably the answer you are not looking for. I don't think these documents are meant for public consumption & hence the chances of finding them in open source is very low.

If you are vendor, I think you can purchase these specs from OEMs.

Afarr...

Burner2k is correct. Company proprietary documents like these are a pain to get access to simply because they are closely controled and are valued for their intellectual propery rights... not to mention the large sums of blood/sweat/time/money poured into their R&D.

Suggest You start with what IS available through Google/web search, Such as...

GAMA Industry Standards

EXAMPLE...
GAMA PUBLICATION NO. 13 ACCEPTABLE PRACTICES DOCUMENT, CABIN INTERIOR MONUMENT STRUCTURAL SUBSTANTIATION METHODS

Design and Function Requirements for Aircraft Interior Materials

AC25-17 Transport Airplane Cabin Interiors Crashworthiness Handbook

AC21-31 Quality Control for the Manufacture of Non-Metallic Compartment Interior Components

Boeing Aero Magazine Qtr 04-11. Fire Protection: Passenger Cabin

ICAS 2012 THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCT AND ASSEMBLY CONCEPTS FOR AIRCRAFT CABIN INTEGRATION

etc...

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true.
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible.
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion"]
o Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. [Picasso]

Thank you both for your input.

@wktaylor: those are some interesting links some of which already came across - cheers

I was thinking on the same grounds since they are OEM published sensitive docs, however if someone out there could share a publication it would be well the cherry on the cake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back