Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cad test suitable for an interview 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

R12NV

Civil/Environmental
Sep 4, 2002
AU
I have been given the task to put together a test for an interview that we'll be having in a week or two.

Do any of you have any idea's on what I should get them to, or do you have a similar test that you could email to me.

The reason for the test is that a while a go we got burnt with someone that lied about his cad skills, and basically waisted our time.

regards,

Jas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey R12NV,

I used to have an interactive test but it was for release 12. I recently took the Autocad 2000 test at and I think it did a decent job. I stumbled across their link through another website and it gave me some type of code to recieve a free test.

Here is a link to some other sites:

Our company has been burnt a few times too. So more recently we would just take a typical drawing with some redlines and also have them create new detail. We start off with an interview and ask them some questions about different aspects of cad and if they seem to know there stuff then we sit them infront the pc and let them go. We time them compared to our inhouse techs and tell them to ask as many questions as they need. 90% of the time people are afraid to ask questions. We would rather be bothered with questions or interest to learn than have to redraw something over. We understand that they are not used to our system or standards and welcome them to bring there own pgp files or lisp files if they are used to there own shortcuts and not the standard Acad shortcuts. We give them about an hour and see how much they progressed.

Good Luck,
Stephen E. Motichek
Project Consulting Services, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back