Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cad Viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatz

Mechanical
Sep 16, 2002
US
We have not had a lot of luck with SE viewer and are looking for another Cad Viewer.
We need it to:
-Support configurations
-Be able to take measurements
-hide/show parts
-shade/render
We also need it to NOT require us to send all the parts along with the file. We just want to be able to send the final assembly file and not any of the subassemblies or the parts.
I am currently working with SE v14, but will be able to update to the most current if that is what is required to make this work.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

The first thing I would do would be to update to V19 and try the pcf files (package collaboration file). These files can be generated in the view & markup application

To save such a file, you should use 'send tomail recipient' and check the 'enable measurement,...' option; you just have to send the pcf file to someone with xpressreview or the SE viewer and they will be able to measure, hide-show parts, use different viewing modes: shaded, wireframe, perspective, display configuration...

For alternate asm, you will need to insert each member in the pcf but that's the only drawback. After that, it will be possible to consult each member using only one pcf file.

If render capabilities (like reflections, shadows, scene, lights,...) are important though, you might need something else but I don't know what that would be...

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back