Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CAESAR II - valve modeling, changing of restrains names, roundtripping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0lv3r1n3

Nuclear
Jun 13, 2024
CZ
Hi, I'm pretty new to CAESAR II and I have a few questions for the CAESAR II pros.

[ul]
[li]If the valve has an actuator, and therefore there is eccentricity, it is possible to model it other than by adding rigid elements with mass. I am referring to the fact that in AutoPIPE for example, this was possible directly when modelling the valve.[/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]Has anyone faced the problem of changing the name of the supports? My point is that if an .accdb file is generated, the restrain names change from e.g. X to Flex/Rigid X, RX to Flex/Rigid RX etc. I understand that. But when I exported the seismic, the names in the seismic started to change. For example, the support specified by the constraints in X,Y changed to GUI.[/li]
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]Has anyone dealt with roundtripping or controlling CAESAR II through windows promt? I've searched all over the internet, but controlling CAESAR II through the console is propably impossible. Roundtripping in CAESAR II can probably be partially done by exporting the .C2 format to .CII and then changing some parameters there, then changing the format to .C2 and opening that format again. However, upon further investigation, I came across that there is a partial loss of data. Do you know any better way?[/li]
[/ul]

Thank you very much for all the replies and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back