Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cage induction machine in ATP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELECTRICALCHOICE

Electrical
Sep 25, 2002
VE
greetings: dos anybody know de alternative transient program (ATP), it is a powerful tool, is probably the most widely used simulation tool for the study of transient phenomena in power systems. the question is how can i represent de induction motor in such program or where can i find somo information about that?

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Greetings
Yes, you can simulate a number of different motors using ATP, including the Squirrel Cgae Induction Motor (it is a type 3 device using the UM Module in ATP). The ATP rule book is a good reference and gives examples of the data structure as well. Furthermore, I last downloaded a program from the Japanese ATP site, which uses nameplate data of the motor to work out the coil parameters. Hope this helps

Hi gbk, I would like to get hold of the program that converts induction motor nameplate data to data that can be used by ATPdraw. I checked out the Japanese ATP site but could not find the program. Do you have a link for it ? It would be most helpful.

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back