Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate solid flow rate of a pneumatic conveying line

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukipilas

Chemical
Aug 8, 2013
DE
Hello,

I have a Silo-Truck which delivers Flour as raw material pneumaticaly to the Silos. The compressor air flows is 900 m3/hr @ 1,2 bar in a 100 mm pipe. How do i calculate the solid flow rate of flour at the given air flow rate?

I would be grateful for a tipp on how to start the calculation

Best regards,

yuki

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Based on the air system values cited, and the duct size and system layout, you can calculate the amount of solids that this system is capable of conveying via dense phase and dilute phase modes of operation. But you'll have to do a field test to determine the amount of solids that your system is actually conveying. The actual solids flowrate depends on how you're running the system, and the rate at which you're feeding solids into the air stream.

You'll find lots of good guidance for air conveying system design on the internet. I think you're probably running this in a dilute phase mode of operation. If so, refer to the references explaining dilute phase calculations rather than those for dense phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back