Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating water level

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsli001

Civil/Environmental
Mar 1, 2008
HK
Hi guys:

I am working on job in which require me to calculate the water level. I was thinking HEC-22 for water level calculation. I was wondering is there any spread sheet out there that I can do some study so I can modify my spread sheet?

tsli

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please confirm what you are looking to calculate the water level for. I will assume storm sewer piping based on the HEC-22 reference. Usually, your DOT will have a program that you can use to calculate the HGL and EGL for storm pipe runs. In Texas the software is called winstorm, and can be found here.
(I have also used the Florida DOT version of this software. These are usually free!!! Regardless, I would start with your local DOT they will have a design procedure that will most likely be acceptable in your area.

Curt

tsli001 - You can code HEC22 in a weekend or less (depending on your excel experience). I recommend always coding your own spreadsheet because it can take longer to backcheck someone elses. As ccampttu states there are free software products outthere that will do this as well. Check out SWMM5.0. You may have software available as well, for instance, INROADS has Storm & Sanitary built in if your company uses that or ACAD uses Hydraflow built in now. You may want to check with your company first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back