Calculation of moving heat Temperature during Milling process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil Memet

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2023
DE
Dear All

I have a some simple question about changing Temperature profile estimation in the work piece during Milling process, which is generated in contact with Milling tool, I was wondering how to simulate the moving heat in this case, material removal process I made it with AM plug-in with AM process simulation method, but no temperature at the moment. howover, I was wondering how to add temperature profile at the current step of removing process. is there any Material subroutine or some other method avaiable for this simulation ? Thanks in advance

MaterialRemoval_jwhyfc.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you want to use a simplified approach in which the tool is not modeled directly and material removal is done with the help of the additive manufacturing process simulation techniques, you can also model the heat using moving heat source feature (you will just need to provide time, position and power data).

Thank you very much for your quick reply and tool is not included in the simulation, while other group makes the expriment and I got dexel model from them. I just want to add moving heat at the same step of element removal speed, but the thing is moving heat should be calculated from given data based on the time and position, but I would like to try your tips as well. what you mean is just add the thermal power , time and space but myself like additive manufacturing right ? Thanks

Yes, that would be the way to go with this simplified model. A comparison with a traditional approach (in whoch the tool is modeled) could be very interesting. Of course, you have to estimate the heat power somehow but it should be possible based on the literature or experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back