Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

calculation of SRN nozzle forging weight 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So in theory you should be able to solve analytically using calculus (set up a double integral using polar coordinates to calculate the volume of each section then multiply by the material density). But I expect that solving this would actually be quite difficult, especially for the "Q-lip" portion (the saddle-shaped part of forging that gets butt-welded to the vessel).

I would suggest that you build a 3D model the forging and to determine the volume. TEMA standards provide weight densities of most of the commonly used alloys. Barring that, you could always ask your supplier to provide the estimated weight.

-Christine

Put your money where your mouth is r6155. 5 minutes to calculate the volume of the Q-lip forging, and show your work.

Go!

(I'm not holding my breath).

-Christine

Thank you Mr.Christine74 for your valuable information. Is there any weight software or manual calculation for irregular shape elements?

1_wrujgk.png

2_hycktm.jpg
3_ybfpzu.png
4_m9fcyz.jpg

Too complicated!
beyond my ability!
Sorry,I can't help you.

Well, this is a day job at the pressure vessel manufacturer.
See Pressure Vessel Manual - Megyesy 10ed.
Part II- Geometry and layout - Intersections.

Regards

I don't know what need (OP), but the exact weight doesn't make sense in this example.
Accuracy is only defined with a digital weight scale plus the tolerance of this instrument.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back