Can an OPEN ACB Trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazirul

Electrical
Aug 5, 2017
BD
Hi Everyone,

I am getting a problem with my 3200A ACB. It's tripping when it's in open condition. Can anyone tell me is there any reason when an ACB can trip when it's open?

Note: ACB outgoing was connected with Live Bus but ACB was open. When we supply voltage from generator then to ACB incoming then ACB Trip.

Thanks

Engineering Resource

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I may had failed to understand the problem and confused.
"..#1. It's tripping when it's in open condition. Can anyone tell me is there any reason when an ACB can trip when it's open? #2. Note: ACB outgoing was connected with Live Bus but ACB was open. When we supply voltage from generator then to ACB incoming then ACB Trip".
1. An ACB usually has a strong Closing spring and a separate much weaker Opening spring. When it is in open position, the Opening spring is discharged. If it is in Open position, what do you mean it "trip". What is causing the trip?,
2. Do you mean when we connect the Gen supply to the ACB incoming, the ACB which is in Open position trip. It is in Open position, what do you mean by trip?
3. BTW: A "trip" is activated by some monitoring, UV, Shunt, OC and OL ...release. Normal switch off is actuated by mechanical push button to open, which is NOT "trip"
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back