Can I do pipe surge analysis using CAESAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandan

Chemical
Dec 3, 2003
SG
Dear all,

I have CAESAR-II but i am trying to figure out if it is possible to do a pipe surge analysis using it..

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nope C2 is a "structural analysis" beam element program. I assume pipe surge is unsteady fluid flow, hydraulic surge, or most commonly called water hammer. These unsteady time based fluid studies require a unsteady fluids program such as surge 5.

Regards,
XHPIPE

Hi XHPIPE,
Thanks for your reply..

I am looking for a transient flow.. hydraulic anaysis software..

thanks indeed..

Check out:

- PipeNet from Sunrise Systems
- BossFluids from Paulin Research
- Fathom, Arrow, and Mercury from AFT (Applied Flow Technology).

Richard Ay
COADE, Inc.

There are lots of transient flow programs, some mentioned above - add to those "Flowmaster" from company of the same name, which I have used extensively and can recommend. Also "Hammer" by Haested systems looks good.

However can I strongly recommend HiTrans - see
This is inexpensive (certainly not true of the others)and easy to use (the others are very comprehensive and powerful so have lots of pitfalls for beginners). I can help you use it and offer some spreadsheets for data analysis if needed. Linking between flow software and Caesar is not easy with most programs, but I believe that Pipenet can do so directly. However expect to pay thousands of dollars per year to lease these powerful programs, whereas hundreds of dollars buys you HiTrans outright! I have validated HiTrans results against Flowmaster and an confident in its answers. However like all technical problems, you need to understand the subject - no software can prevent you putting in garbage and getting garbage in return!

Regards

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back