Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Can I print on 11x17 easily if created in 8.5x11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearisle

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2004
US
I have some prints that were created using an 8.5"x11" template. The print has grown in detail and I need to use larger 11"x17" template. I am sure there is an easy selection to print this way...Any help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you need to do is to look at the drawing in paperspace (PS) to see how it would fit. I suspect you would have to use the Zoom command to fit it correctly. Hope this helps.

John

Also be aware that the aspect ratio is different. Size A and Size C have the same aspect ratio, Size B and Size D have the same aspect ratio. Size A is 8.5 x 11, Size B is 11 x 17, size C is 17 x 22 and size D is 22 x 34

if you wanted to print a "A" to a "B" size, scale to fit I would think would work if you choose 11X17 paper size on the printer setup in acad

Alex

Why wouldn't you create a new layout that is 11X17 and then zoom in model space to fill the window? I've never had much luck scaling inside the plot command.

David

Perhaps I am mistaken but it sounds to me like you want the same text along with drawn data you created on an A sheet to be inserted on a B sheet without scalling. If you scale the entire drawing you won't gain the extra space you implied you needed.
The answer to that is going to depend upon what size text you used. In my company we draw on a D sheet, but we often print it as B size. We also print it reduced to an A size so it must be readable at all scales. The minimum text size we use is .25"; on a B sheet that would be .125". As long as your text is not too small the conversion should be no more difficult than copying your data from the A sheet into your B template. A little stretching may be required to fit the constraints of the template.

Thanks
SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back