Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can pdf's be saved to B&W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubicleHound

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2005
US
All detail drawings that we create get turned into PDFs at some point. Recently I noticed that the PDF'd are being created with gray dimensions which fail to print very will. I don't know what changed to cause this but I have two questions about how to fix it.

1. Can the default layer for dimensions input into a detail drawing be changed? (the current 'none' creates gray color, but if I could change it to '0' it would be black.)

2. Can PDF's be saved in black and white only and not gray-scale?

Clem
ME
SW/PDM 06 2.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Depends on how you are creating PDF's ("Save As" vs. "print"). Go to your SW Page Setup settings (in print menu) and set the output to Black and white. This works for PDF's created via print command. Not sure if it carries through to PDF's created via "Save as".

I don't use the print option but I will have to look into it. The problem is that recently my dimensions have appeared as gray in my detail drawings. I can fix it by changing the 'driven dimension' color to black, but then I lose the ability to distinguish driven dimensions.

Clem
ME
SW/PDM 06 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back