Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinLe

Civil/Environmental
Oct 12, 2012
DE
This is a picture from the DIN ISO 62424 (equivalent to the IEC 62424):

image_hszrv9.png

Now it would be really cool to be able to draw something like this, then export the data in way that you can copy into your control narrative (for each hexagon/control task), to add a bit of text and setpoints so the programmer knows what's to do.

Is this possible? Is this possible without MASSIVE fiddling within the program? Are there other, smarter ways to interface P&ID developement and creation of the control narrative/functional description?

I personally like the idea of having one master document in which I think - in this case the P&ID - and which contains most information. However I'm not sure if this is really practical. Also I'm very new to the software.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How much have you used AutoCAD before?
In AutoCAD, do you know what "blocks" are?
Attribute blocks?
Dynamic blocks?
Just gauging your level of knowledge, since this is your first post in the AutoCAD section.

What other software are you working with? ACAD can export to formats that are useful for many, many other software packages.

Please remember: we're not all rednecks!

Assume zero knowledge. My company decided to use AutoCAD Plant 3D and I'm one of the project engineers designated to work with the P&ID tool.

The report functions I've played with are not bad to generate component lists out of a drawing, however I fail to see how to draw and then export something like the above. I would hope for an output (in list or other form) that says:

control function: xxx.3
reads sensors:
xxx.1 SHH
xxx.2 SHH
acts on
xxx.4

Basically I want to know how much effort it would be to get the function I wish, to decide if I pursue this now or later or never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back