Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canned Motor Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1987

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2012
IT
Dear Sirs,

i have received a process data sheet for a canned motor pump..

in this document should i find the indication of containment/control system and the indication of cooling system for bearings??

i think yes, but i'm very doubtful...

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume you mean a can pump. Look one up on google and then you'll have some idea what one is. Containment /control ??. Cooling system for can pumps is normally the process fluid.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

Don't see many canned motor pumps these days, but they still are out there. Some will have circulating loop for a lubricating fluid, some won't, it depends on what you're doing with it.

My fault. Never heard of canned motor before. Delete previous post.

My motto: Learn something new every day

Also: There's usually a good reason why everyone does it that way

A "process" data sheet usually only contains hydraulic data required by the process. Mechanical design details should come from the manufacturer or from set of end-users specifications for a canned motor pump.

DOn't see many at all these days is right; mostly replaced by sealless/ mag drive pumps. I was told it is too hard to get that marriage between a pump and motor manufacturer required to update the old designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back