Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot mesh few surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

neema1984

Marine/Ocean
Jan 29, 2010
US
guys, I am working on a complex model with approximately 2000 surfaces. The problem is I can see few unmeshed surfaces after I use default meshing in Femap. If I try to manualy mesh the unmeshed surface, it does not work. The surface has meshing attributes. Any comments or sugessions ?? .. please ...

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Neema,
Things like this without having the model in hand is really difficult to give any advice. Well, simply isolate that surfaces (make a group), check if that surfaces are correct using "Geometry > Solid > Cleanup" and if yes, inspect local mesh density in curve edges, go to "F6 > LABELS, ENTITIES & COLORS > CURVE, MESH SIZE > DRAW ENTITY - ON > SYMBOLS & COUNT" and plot curves on screen and inspect local mesh density in curves of the surfaces, then you will realize where the error is. Good luck!.
Best regards,
Blas.

check the mesh boundary of the small triangular piece.

as for the rest, not much help, but there has to be something in the definition of the surfaces.

I suggest to isolate such a surface (make a new goup for it), get the curves on it and see if you can mesh it. Wouldn't surpirse if there is something wrong in the definition for these surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back