Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot read Wildfire parts in Algor V16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmack5

Automotive
Nov 29, 2004
US

Hello. First time here.
I work at a small engineering firm which has recently gone from 2001 to Wildfire version of Pro-E. For whatever reason, we cannot pull in Wildfire parts to do FEA on.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

jmack5,

I'm not too familiar with Wildfire. Did Pro-E change their file format from 2001 to Wildfire? If that becomes a problem, try to export a trimmed surface IGES file from Pro-E (make sure you don't export it as a b-spline surface...Algor reads trimmed surface, which I believe is IGES Element 144).

Garland

Hello,
I have run ALGOR v16 with Pro/E Wildfire 2.0 with some success. We did upgrade to v17 and that is functioning well too. I might suggest that you rerun the InCAD setup utility (CADProe.exe) to be sure ALGOR knows what executable it needs to use for Pro/E. You can find it in the "ALGOR\ADDINS" folder. The interface is pretty self-explanitory when you launch it.

One other note: I found that there were less problems installing ALGOR to the root directory (C: for example) rather than under "Program Files".

Hope this helps,
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back