Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot use 3rd button menus without crashing I-DEAS 10 NX m3

Status
Not open for further replies.

exitRI

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2011
US
Hello:

I recently tried to load I-DEAS 10 NX (m3) on a computer running Windows 7 Pro with a 64-bit AMD Turion X2 microprocessor. I have several other 32-bit software programs that run fine on this machine. I-DEAS does start, and I can open a model file, save, use my 3D navigator buttons, etc. However, the moment I try to access the right-mouse button menus, I get an error message box that says "MFC Application has stopped Working" and the program crashes. There are several Smartheap Library BAD MEMORY POINTER errors at startup also.

For reference, the computer is using an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapter.

If anyone has experiences these problems and could offer a solution I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you SDETERS. I didn't realize there was a separate forum for I-DEAS. I have posted the question there also now. I'm guessing there may be some dinosaurs like myself that are now using NX that might know the answer to this question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back