Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Check-in part created FROM Toolbox geometry to PDMWorks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawheadRex

Mechanical
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of special fasteners that I created from Toolbox geometry in order to save a little time. Unfortunately I am now unable to check-in these files to the PDMWorks vault because of an administrative setting that disallows check-in of Toolbox components. In other words even though these file copies have been modified they are still being recognized as Toolbox components.

Does anyone know of a way to remedy this situation short of re-creating the components from scratch? I am assuming that there is some kind of flag within the file denoting the fact that it was originally created by Toolbox but I'm not having any luck in finding it.

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your Admin must have TB turned on in the PDMworks. SW Doesn't recommend that you have this option turned on for TB.

Check with your Admin on this issue.

If you have TB on your Local or network drive you can add your fasteners to TB directly.

Go to TB on the drop down menus. There you will see "Add my parts Wizard..." Foloow the menus from there.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

You are correct. There is an internal flag that is set that designates a file as a "Toolbox" part.

Luckily, SolidWorks includes a utility to set (and UNSET) this flag.

The utility is located in the directory:
C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data utilities
and is called:

sldsetdocprop.exe

Use this to fix your problem.

Brian Titus, CSWP
Technical Manager - GEI technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back