Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Cant Dimension Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfollo5

Mechanical
Sep 25, 2002
US
I am having quite a problem when trying to dimension rounds in my drawing. I have designed a button that has a 2° draft on all edges. I have added rounds to the corners and edges for ease in removal from the tool. Problem is I cant dimension any of the rounds in the drawing. Pro/E wants to dimension these rounds as a straight line instead of a radii.

Has anyone ran across this before?

Any help would be so appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jfollo5,

Try using shown dimensions in the drawing rather than creating them.
Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

To have the reference of round dimension value in drawing, create a note with leader and enter the dimenison ID(i.e. &d1). You can get dimension ID from model - Modify - dimension - select he round feature - select the radius dimenison - property window will open. From this window you can get dimenison ID.

Enjoy..

Yogesh Birari

In some cases you have to do either a section, or a view perpendicular to that round when there are drafts added on the model. Even if you add notes instead of dimensions, or just show dimensions, it is possible that those dimensions are not real dimensions, because in this case the round may not pe perpendicular to the screen.

im4cad

Just another option.....
In situations like this, where there are numerous drafts on a part and there is a need for clear working drawings, we will create a family table instance of the part without the draft features and use that model to drive the drawing.

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back