Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Install Draftsight on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankreid

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2007
US
Can't Install Draftsight64 on Windows 7 64bit

Description: I have used Draftsight ever since I gave up Autocad 10. I have always
used Draftsight on Windows 7 but since moving to another Windows 7 desktop it
won't install. I downloaded the latest free version, Draftsight64 it
won't install. My system is:

Dell Optiplex 780 with 8GB of RAM and a 2TB internal hard drive with
180TB free. It runs Windows 7 64bit. I expected it to install perfectly
but maybe it only works on Windows10 ??

I have attached a screenshot of the message I get.

Frank Reid
Reid Engineering Services of Utah

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a06a7d27-6f53-4e7a-b0fe-62804a4a9463&file=DRAFTSIGHT_095946.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is it possible the new machine doesn't meet the required memory (RAM) or space requirements? That's what that error appears to be to me.

Thanks Jayrod12 that seems to be the case with the error message. But with 8GB of RAM it shouldn't be a problem. I ran it for several years with 4GB RAM on the older machine. ??

Frank Reid

What about hard drive space. If you're trying to install it on a smaller drive, or a partition of a large drive, perhaps there isn't enough room to unpack?

Probably a corrupted file.

Hunt down every instance on your comp and delete them or it will short circuit the download process and keep the bad file. Then download it again.

I run it on the same computer with the same operating system though I think it only has 4Gig.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Jayrod12,
As I mentioned in the first post:
My system is:
Dell Optiplex 780 with 8GB of RAM and a 2TB internal hard drive with
180TB free. It runs Windows 7 64bit. I expected it to install perfectly
but maybe it only works on Windows10 ??

Frank Reid

Honestly I have no idea. I'm just another engineer that is at times handy with a computer.

Perhaps it would be best to ask Dassault themselves.

First, make sure you have all the windows updates available for Windows 10. From what I have read online if you don't have to correct version of the redistributables that will cause that sort of error.

The other source of the problem could be that a file within the download is corrupted. Delete the old download and download it again.. maybe even try a new location.

If the 64-bit fails again, try the 32-bit just to see if it installs, that would be good to know.

Is there anything in your event log from the failed install that gives you an error code? That would help you in searching out a solution. When I search for your issue I get a lot of error codes solutions for Draftsight, 1722, 1721, 1320... but nothing on your exact error.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Dear fellow DraftSight users,
I have been using DS 2018 and have just purchased, via an upgrade, DS2019.
I am using Windows 7 and have had no problems at all with either DS2018 or DS2019.
BTW I did install a lot more memory before my upgrade to DS2019.
Regards

David 80yrs young!
Canberra., Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back