Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't places axis?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freerangequark

Mechanical
May 11, 2005
US
I have POINT PATTERN 13 placed along the curve created in SKETCH 5

I then created AXIS A-3 through the point pattern lead and normal to the surface that the point is on.

I then try to create a reference pattern with Axis A-3 as the pattern lead. The pattern fails.

Upon further investigation I find that I cannot place other NORMAL axis through the other points along that curve. I tried this as a workaround.

I haven't found any other workarounds to get me an axis through each of those points that is normal to the surface.

The surface which the axis should be normal to is a boundary blend created by two different size ellipses whose X-Y axes are aligned... this form an elliptical cone.

Why is this failing? I have created many other normal axis the same exact way on other areas of this same exact model. I have also tried changing the accuracy to ABSOLUTE.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hmmmm_zphhif.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Also... as an experiment, I created a new curve, patterned points all the way around, placed an axis thought the point pattern lead and normal to the surface. I was then able to successfully reference pattern that axis all the way around.

Still can't figure out why the axis I want can't be constructed. :(
hmmmm2_lfvhn1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back