Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Resize "S" Shortcut Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakvett

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2011
US
I have an issue with the shortcut box. It won't resize. I try to drag the edges to resize it, the mouse changes to the double-arrow, but dragging any edge in sketch, part, assembly, or drawing won't resize the box. If I add more buttons to the box, it just adds them to the bottom of my 1 column box. I've added about 20 buttons to see if it would change, but had no luck. I have also tried deleting every button and re-adding; no avail. Any suggestions? If not, how can I reset the S-menu to default without affecting other shortcuts/settings? If it helps, I'm using SW09 with a certified graphics card. Restarting Solidworks and/or the computer doesn't help. Reinstalling is not an option, and the same issue exists in all files.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Anytime that I have had graphics issues that make no sense, I go and get the latest driver for my video card. Even if SolidWorks hasn't tested it yet. So far, it has worked everytime.
Good luck,
Chris

Do you have a multi monitor setup?

I've seen issues with this if the SolidWorks window is not on the main screen. When on a second monitor I've noticed problems with resizing Shortcut box and adding items to toolbars or Command Manager which seems to take longer.

Other Options Do other people have this issue to or just on your pc. You can use Copy Settings Wizard to import your settings on a co-worker's pc *Be sure to save a copy of theirs first so you don't screw up their customizations then try changing S key pop-up box's size then import the settings back to your PC.

Michael

Yes! I always run SolidWorks on my secondary monitor, but moving the application to the main monitor let's me change the size! Thank you!

Now, I can change size, add or subtract features, but I put the fastening feature onto the shortcut bar, but now it won't let me delete it. I can delete other icons in the same bar, but not the fastener feature. If I add more fastener features to the same box, it just adds more, it won't let me delete them, no matter how many I have. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back