Status
Not open for further replies.

EngTal

Mechanical
Jul 7, 2024
PK
Hi,

I hope you all are doing well.

Recently, I got a full-time job as a static eqp maintenance engineer at a well-recognized company. I needed some guidance on how to improve myself in knowledge and what type of certifications apart from CMRP I should do to progress in my career ahead. For example, in turbomachinery maintenance, there are a vast no of certifications on Vibration, diagnostics, Lubrication etc. to become a well-recognized engineer and compete in global job market.

So please guide me on how I should take my career in static eqp maintenance? Your valuable experience and advise will be of great help for me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a big difference between "rotating" and "static" equipment. See following link.

In short, the "static" engineer requires knowledge of: a) materials science/properties, b) design principles (of static equipment), c) inspection techniques, d) maintenance practices, and e) compliance with industry regulations.

If you want to make yourself more knowledgeable about the "rotating" equipment in the facility, and/or expand your horizons and (ultimately) marketability, invest in courses related to the "moving pieces" field (vibration, dynamics, diagnostics, lubrication, etc.).

Converting energy to motion for more than half a century

Depends on your industry and specialty.

In Oil & Gas, API certifications can be useful (e.g., API 570). There are also nondestructive testing (NDT) certifications through ASNT or credentials like Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) from AWS.

Getting your PE license is always a good idea.

Credentials like PMP can also be helpful if you want to end up in management roles, but aren't helpful for most technical roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back