Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cargo floor net

Status
Not open for further replies.

aogjim1

Structural
Jun 9, 2004
US
Need to substantiate the attachment fittings are equally loaded for a floor mounted cargo net. Can anyone venture a freebody or reference?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect that they won't be.

Model the net as a bunch of spring elements. Plop a mass inside the mess. Turn gravity to 9 in the appropriate direction.

AC43.13-2 applies to aircraft less then 12500 pounds and the ATL ACO is buying it for FAR25 aircraft. THat is why I have this issue.

Am I right in assuming that the net goes over the top of the cargo and attaches to the floor inb'd/Outb'd and fore and aft? Is the cargo placed in standard containers before being covered by the the net?

If the net is attached to the floor at 4 points, the reactions are going to be related the nets deflected shape and the angle of the individual straps, which will differ depending on their location, either fwde or aft. You will need to come up with a worst case for the net and the straps and substantiate it on that basis.

Nigel Waterhouse B Eng (Hon's)
Can-Am Aerospace,LLC, Canadian Aircraft Certification Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back