Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrying a tolerance from a model to drawing space 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortanas

Mechanical
Mar 24, 2016
US
I have a solid works question. If I add a tolerance in model space why doesn't it show up when I dimensions in drawing space? Is there something I need to toggle on? I would really like to start doing all my tolerancing on the model so my draftsman wouldn't have give me a marked up drawing to redline tolerancing information. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok guys you got me. You know what I was trying to ask here. I am able to add tolerances to a "part" sldprt file, but when I go to the sldrw file the tolerance is not on that dimension. Is there some way for that to show up on the sldrw without having to retype it. I apologize for using the wrong terminology the first time.

I don't do it, because I want to oftentimes vary what I do depending on multiple configurations or features of the part, but I believe what you're asking for can be done in the SolidWorks Drawing as Insert...Model Items.

SW Professional 2015 SP 5.0
SW Electrical 2D/3D SP 5.0
64 bit
Intel Xeon X(R) CPU 3600 @ 2.80 GHz
8.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

We do use configurations on occasion here but recently made the decision to only use those on assemblies and never on fabricated parts that go to the machine shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back