Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrying over settings to another session of Solid Edge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggles2

Mechanical
Aug 8, 2003
GB
Is there any way to carry over Toolbar & Background settings etc, from one session of Solid Edge to another?

I am using Version 12 and at the moment I am having to set everything up for each new part I create

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most of the settings you choose are stored in the registry. You shouldn't have to set everything up for each new part.

What you do want to set up, as I read into your post a little deaper, is the template. Solid Edge has the default templates (normal.par, .dft, .asm, .pwd, .psm) located in
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge vXX\Program\Template

Open the templates and change your settings and save it. I would make a backup of the templates or rename then to something logical for you prior to editing them. When you create a new part, the settings you changed in the template will be carried forward.

Be advised, if you change from the file name "normal," the draft, part, and assembly executables will give you an error because they look for a normal template and automatically load it. Use "edge.exe" to launch Solid Edge to avoid the error.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

Toolbars and backgrounds can be set by changing the template-files. Other customisations can be made to the various .txt-files such as holes.txt. You should backup these when you upgrade.

Regards,

Pekelder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back