Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.catdrawing background 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike1970

Automotive
Dec 1, 2009
US
I received a .catdrawing from a tool maker. The background in the .catdrawing is black. How do I change it back to white so I can view it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks brook203!
I tried this and it didn't work. I'm attaching a jpg of what the background looks like. I had also went to edit/sheet Background. This only changes the color to a lite gray. We have received a file like this before and had to request the tool maker to change it and resend it to us. I want to fix the problem here if at all possible.
It's almost like it is set for a negative effect.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c8e3ec0f-85f8-4c9b-becb-748b73879c0d&file=background.jpg
It could be coming from the standard (although I'm really puzzled of why would anyone define this color as sheet color).

You could try to see if you can change it. Do like this: On the "sheet" -> properties -> more -> standards. There is the sheet color defined under the "standard" - "the_standard" (it's the standard in which the drawing was make. it could be ANSI, or ISO or ....) - general - sheet colors

The problem is that usually the standard values can't be changed unless you run catia in administrative mode. So I think that Ferdo's suggestion could be the best for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back