Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caterpillar 225 Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHPaul

Geotechnical
Mar 26, 2003
US
Anyone happen to have a copy of this? I was trying to find out the maximum bucket curling force (digging force)of this model.
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Find someone with the latest edition of the Caterpillar Handbook. It'll be in there.

you can get a lot of info online, if not you can get old copies of the cat performance handbook on Ebay

I beleive the 225 hydraulic excavator stopped being built in 1991.

The new version, would be a 325... but it is over twice the weight, and quite a bit more horsepower.

The 322 would be closer to the horsepower of the 225, but the weight is still about twice that of the 225.

There are also a large number of boom stick configurations available on any excavator, and the configuration will will influence the breakout force.

As a reference the 322C with a standard boom and stick would have 151 kN (33,930 lbs) of curl force and 116 kN (26,070 lbs) of crowd force.

For the actual forces on the 225, you would need a spec sheet from that unit, or an older handook, from the late 80's early 90's.

Go to a repair shop that fixes Cat equipment. They will have your spec. sheets. As I recall, Cat 225 and a Linkbelt 5800 are about the same wght and had the same or nearly the same forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back