Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catia admin settings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi,

i have a doubt here. In catia administration do we control only the licensing part in the server end or do we control the catsettings also in the server. bcoz we need to log in as administrator and in the admin environment mode for catia in the client mc to make changes at the admin level.do we control these catsettings in the server in an industry? Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

guess I am not awake yet as I have some problem to understand your question but just in case here are some fact i know about catia admin, license and server.

DSLS: you might need windows admin to edit the server list in the DSLicSrv file. I don't remember the default permission on the file, it could be open or lock by OS admin.
LUM: you might need windows admin to edit the server list in the i4ls file. I don't remember the default permission on the file, it could be open or lock by OS admin.

as catia admin (you might not need OS admin for that) you can define in tools option some setting for licensing, this will go in the refsettings folder defined by your catenv.

user will get licensing file from refcatsettings according to catenv.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. i am clear with the licensing part. but what about the catsettings in the tools options...? can we lock the catsettings in all the client machines from the server or do we have to do it individually in every client machine. hope my question is clear.

You can admin lock the license yes.

so you can have 2 catia env. One with license A locked and the other one with license B locked. (different location for CATRefferenceSettingPath)

user will chose with catia env to use A or B if you give them 2 shortcuts or if you have a CATIA statup app that would manage user option...

The catsettings are locked at the admin level for the catia env.

All client using using the env would have catsettings locked, there is nothing to do on the client side.

Eric N.

Hi,

so what i understand is CATSETTINGS 1 ( CATENV1 )is retrieved from license server A and CATSETTINGS2 ( CATENV2 ) is retrieved from license server B.pl correct me if i am wrong.

sorry no. guess i am not clear. License servers are not defined by catia env. License selection is defined by catsettings in catia env.

how many license servers do you have?

what do you want to achieve?

Eric N.

Hi,
ok i understood this by self exploring.In our company we run a bat file which copies some files ( including ref cat settings ) from the server and thats the reason why the settings are locked and non editable.But if you are opening the CATIA from your local machine you can login as an administrator and using the cat admin environment you can make any changes.i got a little bit of light on this as of now. thanks for all your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back