Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia Annotation Set - More than one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossly

Automotive
Sep 22, 2003
US
I have one annotation set, I would like to add another. Is that possible? If so, how do you create one?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe you could explain what you are trying to achieve? If you are trying to have different sets of annotations show up at different times, then you can create different Captures within the Annotation Set. Each Capture is a view with a particular view angle and distance along with different hide/show settings of Reference Frames, Notes and such.

I agree with the Capture, that works very good within Catia. My issue is that we use a viewing software for our non CAD users. When the viewing software reads the Catia data, it does a great job with the annotations but I am looking to "group"/organize the notes so that they can be viewed by clicking the check box on and off.

I guess another option would be to add another label under the original Annotation Set. Can you create a new one and add notes to it?

I hope that explains what I need, just thinking how to get there.

I avoided answering the possibility of adding additional sets because I'm just uncertain about it. You don't know what you don't know.

But I've never seen an option to do that. That I can say with certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back