Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catia customisation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitsing

Mechanical
Aug 2, 2002
FR
hi friends
i need help on customising catia through c/c++
VB and perl...can anyone guide me as to how it can be done by giving certain examples...i did find some examples which were in german which i was not able to follow...can i get downloads in english which shows the customization...It is the beginning of my career and hence i will be grateful to you'll for your help...

sincerely
amitsing

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Quite a big subject. Suggest one way to get started is to click Tools/Macro/Start Recording, a dialogue box appears. You have to give a path where you want to store the macro. Click OK, then perform some interactions (for example, create a pad) and then click Tools/Macro/Stop Recording. Then click Tools/Macro/Macros, a dialogue box appears, select your macro and click the Edit button. Now try to decipher what you've got. Use the Object Index page in the Catia online documentation to discover the Catia API. There's quite a bit of other doc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back