Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA Drawing Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprig4005

Aerospace
Dec 5, 2011
US
I am working in a dual CAD environment. We have a hand full of licenses for CATIA, of which I have plenty of experience, and the rest of the office is using SolidWorks. I need to know if there is a way to transfer the CATDrawings to the SolidWorks drafting environment so that the text on the drawing remains text. I have tried multiple file conversions, DWF, DWG, CGM, etc, and each time I get a file that I can open in SolidWorks it always brings the text in as curves, lines and points. I need something the is somewhat easy to edit. It does not matter is the curves and lines in the drawing views are not live and active but the text needs to be easier to edit that it currently is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan Capriglione
NX/CATIA Power User
aernnova.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try checking your DXF Output settings and using that format. Tools > Options > General node > Compatibility node > DXF Tab > Export Section > Change Export Mode to Semantic and enable Export Dimensions as Dimensions option. There are a few other options that can be tinkered with as well on that page.

--Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back