Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

catia getting deactivated

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi All,

We have an issue here. catia tools ( icons ) are deactivated abruptly.recently we have hosted the licenses in a triad server ( 3 servers). i checked the client machine. it is pinging with the servers properly.any ideas its my job?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if you're using DSLS, then upgrade to R2015x (Version 6.417.2)

Also make sure your license txt file does not have any empty line at the end or space at the end of each line...

you find the location of the text file with command prompt : set DSLS.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi itsmyjob,

Thanks for ur quick reply.we use LUM here as of now and are on the way to DSLS.the issue happens only with one client machine.

might be... turn off the computer and wait a bit before you turn it back on so it does get a new connection from server.

did you try with different users on that computer?

Eric N.

but LUM on bad computer does see available licenses. strange.

you have any error message when you start CATIA?

Eric N.

Hi,

I get the common licensing errors when i start CATIA i.e node lock license expired,license not available. we have two catia versions installed in the machines,one is catia 4 tier customised for tc 4 tier and catiav5 r18.the user is supposed to run the 4 tier.

Hi All,
We solved it.the issue was happening with only one user profile (not in both profiles as mentioned).we reset it and now its fine.there are no issues.thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back