catia libraries issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TudorM

Automotive
Mar 30, 2020
AT
Hi
Could someone point me please what is wrong with catia libaries , will explain a little more the problem i got below .

So i have couple of CATIA versions installed on my machine : V5 ,3DX . I noticed that either in integrated V5 VBA or when using VS for automation if i have both 3dx and v5 opened : reference libraries for ex in V5 gets messy .

Example : i have both versions now opened and i want to run a vba code in v5 and get an error . If i close 3dx (sometimes works - sometimes not only after a machine restart) the vba code works. So i tried to see what is happening - i noticed the code i am using i need drafting library and when i checked it in references it is no more CATIA V5 DraftingInterfaces Object Library but CATIA Drafting2Dld...something which i assume is the 3dx one somehow replaced if i have 3dx opened .

I tried to dig out the problem and found the /regserver stuff which i did for v5 (not in admine mode true ) , but i am not sure if this is the answer.

Please if someone faced this problem and know a resolution will be very much appreciated !
Thank you !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The silence means the answer is there somewhere , or eveyone is on holiday ? [smile]

For vs one i think the reference path will do the trick , but i got in another problem with accessing the v5 aplication , that one i think is not an easy fix . For integrated vba in v5 did not found yet any solutions .

Just a small hint will also be very appreciated , thank you !

the /regserver is the solution: it does modify the windows registry to one dedicated catia level.

so when you have more than one catia v5 on your computer you can run the /regserver in order to tell windows which v5 is the "active" one in the registry.

Now if you have v5 and 3DX, I am not sure how they work together in the registry but I would try to keep v5 on VBA and 3DX on VSTA if you can... see if that help.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back