Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia on Geforce Graphics Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitr

Mechanical
May 1, 2003
NL
I just installed CATIA V5 R10 on a Computer with a MSI Geforce G4Ti4200 64MB Graphics Board. Catia doesn't show the contents of the Product/Part/... Windows and neither the tree on the left side in the options menu. Instead the picture is only gray. If i capture a picture of the (grey) screen with catia - in the bmp-file everything is displayed correct.
Has anyone an idea how to get rid of that problem? (where to find a new driver!?)

Thanks,

Mirco

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, haven't seen that prob yet. I have a GeForce 2 gts plus, everything works fine. I have noticed r10 on a laptop using an ATI Radeon has a distorted view, then it jumps back to normal. I still need to review the resolution settings. I have heard of strange things happening with cracked copies though.

Have you looked on the NVIDIA website for a new driver? There are some CATIA specific drivers on there, you may find one for your graphics card. If not then either try the latest driver from that site or as I found the original driver runs it best. Always uninstall the current driver before installing a new one.

Hi
I also had this problem with an Quadro4 900 XGL card.
Changing driver fixed the problem.
NVIDIA keeps lots of drivers on their web-pages.
The driver currently certificated to CATIA is 40.72 I think.

-Bjod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back