Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia over Remote assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallybanger

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2009
MX
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with using catia over remote assistance? I have used it over remote desktop before and it works fine but my boss and I were thinking that remote assistance could be a convenient way to discuss design ideas.

Anyway, we can connect via remote assistance but it doesn't seem to want to transfer the data from the main window. All the task bars and the catia frame with all the buttons show up but not the model, product tree, etc. It's almost like it won't transfer anything generated with OpenGL.

Just wondering if any one else has encountered this or, more importantly, discovered a solution.

Thanks
Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check what modules you have, there is a collaboration module in Catia. There is also the 3DLive that works great for that purpose.

Thanks for the replies.

Calibration module? I'll look into 3Dlive

I was wanting to use the Remote Assistance because it's really easy to establish a connection with Live Messenger.

Gbridge works great. I was not able to use my 3d mouse(on host computer) it would not refresh the screen. I could actually design remotely(over a good connection) with very, very little lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back