Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia Scripting: Details Instantiating by means of script / vba method

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadityadengle

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2013
IN
Dear Masters,
I was wondering if i can do instantiation of details components via CATVBA. But i found there is no such "DIRECT" method like .begaininstance associated with DraftingITF.
Is this really a case with CATIA V5R19 that you cant automate said process or there is another way around to do so? Can it be done using selection copy paste method (not exactly instantiation, i know, but will be fine as they says something is better than nothing).
I tried to do with Macro Recording method also. but I think Catia cant record macros those are initiated in drafting workbench. also if i start recording macro in part / product workbench and then switch to drafting by creating new form drawing, it records up to instantiation step but not that one.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

THANKS FERDO
I wasn't know the chm file itself. i think one should look in to this file before going out for help.
For others who doesnt know where the file located, please go to following path on your PC
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\BXX\intel_a\code\bin\v5automation.chm
where BXX is your catia relese (e.g. for CATIA V5R19 it will be B19)

THANKS FERDO
I wasn't know the chm file itself. i think one should look in to this file before going out for help.
For others who doesnt know where the file located, please go to following path on your PC
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\BXX\intel_a\code\bin\v5automation.chm
where BXX is your catia release (e.g. for CATIA V5R19 it will be B19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back