Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V WELDING 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisenP

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2006
MX
HELLO, I HAVE A CUESTION, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, WICH IS THE FORM OR PROCEDURE ON CATIA V TO CREATE A WELDING DITTO, I MEAN WHEN YOU HAVE A SPLINE, AND YOU HAVE A PERPENDICULAR LINE ON THIS. THEN I WANT THAT THIS LINE FOLLOW THIS SPLINE. THIS IS USED FOR REPRESENTATION OF WELDING. I HAVE SEEN THIS ON CATIA V 2D, BUT NEVER I KNEW HOW THEM DO THIS.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You would just need to create the symbol in a "detail view". (like a separate sheet, but it only contains re-useable items)

After creating the symbol, use the function called "instantiate 2D component", select it from the detail sheet in the tree, and place it where you want it.

Over-simplified rundown, but it will give you all the help you need to find it in the help documentation.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Thanks Solid,

By example, if we had this ___________ then, i want to apply a welding symbol, This is a weld symbol /\/\/\, when this is a line, no problem, is easy, the problem is when we have a spline. The lines not follow the spline, Do you know how do this?

Sometimes you actually have to right click on the part, and "duplicate geometry". You would then attach the leader to the 2D draw geometry that results. (It is not associative, and will not update, though)

This was a sort of buggy thing in older versions. Should be OK in later versions. What veresion are you running.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back