Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V4 Model file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaddanki

Automotive
Oct 27, 2003
US
I tried to open a file sent by one of our customer. It is a .model file in CATIA RS 6000 AIX OS. I am not able to open it. The catia system is giving me a message "MOdel associated to DBCS Languages is not supported in the current session" Can any one suggest some thing about it. I have a Chrysler and My Own environment. do I have to create a new environment to this customer..please suggest..Thanks in advance.

Jay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI ,
I think there is a utility function to convert the language over so you can read the model. The function is Cataix.

Catusr

Hi Jaddanki,

My own experience with this has been that the file has (obviously) come from a different system. In my case also a different country, Korea to be exact. The DBCS is Double Byte Character Set used for the language as I understand it. Anyway our solution was that the file needed to be created by making a CATEXP file (IE *.exp) that way I could import it into our system.

Do not know if this is academic but it would be interesting to know if it is of any help.

[smile]

Best Regards

Dave

Hey thanks

My files are from Korea too. Is there any other option other than receiving the CATIA file in .exp format. Because the Contractor says he can open in his CATIA system. But I am not able to open on my system. May be I have a different version of CATIA V4.

Any way thanks for sharing the info.

Hi,

1) Install the language environment Korea in the AIX box with smitty, system environment, manage language environment, add additional language environment, select KO_KR.

2) create the USRENV_ko.dcls and in the CATMSTR variable, put the USRENV_ko.dcls with sintaxe:

catsite.code_page = ´EUC-KR`;
include (´$HOME/USRENV.dcls´) ;

3) In your environment, select KOREA environment, logoff and login in the aix BOX, now you see the Korean character in the AIX box,

4) here you can to see the model in the CATIA session or

5) Open the Catia session and CATAIX utility, select the "to code page: iso8859-1" and "delete and keep annd" and execute the utility,

6) change the environment for your environment, logoff and login in the aix box, open the catia session and catimp utility import the exp.model

Good luck

sandro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back