Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CATIA V5 Assemby/Installation Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony71

Jul 31, 2008
IT
Hi,

I have to make some CATIA V5 Drafting VIEWs of an airframe Installation.
I have to show in Installation VIEWs to some ASSYs only for reference (PHANTOM LINE TYPE - not included in Bill Of Material).
Can someone help me to find the best why to do this?.
In V4 I add the ASSY in the V4-SESSION and than I project the geometry in the VIEWs (SPC to DRW or SPC2 to DRAW commands).
I don't know if there is something similar for V5 system.

Thanks for attention.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I made a typing error.
The CORRECT version is:
"I have to show in Installation VIEWs some ASSYs only for reference (PHANTOM LINE TYPE - not included in Bill Of Material)."

Thanks.

I don't understand your question very well, but perhaps an ISOLATED view is what you need. To achieve that, you just RIGHT CLICK the view concerned, (over at the left, where the drawing views tree is located), then select the view description, then ISOLATE.
If I have understood you incorrectly, then try to compose your question more clearly.

The way I would do it would be to copy the view in question (copy, paste) and use one copy to make your 'live' view and the other to add your background data. Just lock the one that does not need changing before you update. You can then get all your line weights etc and only have to do it once.

Something we use sometimes on assy views:
Right click on "Front View"
Select "Front View Object"
Select "Overload properties"
Select the desired details in the view, they will show up in the menu window. You can then hide them, change line style, weight, etc.
When this command is used, you do not have to lock view, and, if the view get updated, it maintains the settings.

Harold G. Morgan
CATIA, QA, CNC & CMM Programmer

sorry Harold you must be using a different version of Catia to me because I aleays have problems with overload properties. quite often they need to be applied every time the view is updated. If the part changes the properties change so you nedd to re apply the overload again. A big part like an aircraft wing cover is a nightmare so background views make life easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back