Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 different views in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOxygen

Aerospace
Oct 30, 2003
DE
Hi there!

I have problem concerning different views of one part in the drawing. For example: I have a spring wich is designed unloaded to represent the dimensions for our supplier. In the drawing I have to show it in some different views. Fully loaded, half loaded and so on. How do i make it? Do I have to design 3 or more different parts? Or is it possible to have it all in one part? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For similar scenarios, I modify the part, project the view(s) of the part, and lock the view. I repeat for the various configs. I project the rest of the drawing with the "normal" config and unlocked views. Takes some discipline to remember to unlock and update the views if things change, but it will leave you with only one part. this technique also works if you have to dimension a partbody separate from the catpart (use noshow and lock views)

If you are running with VPM, locking the views is a Bad Thing to do. It will cause excessive Save and Load Times, as the view may be looking for parts that have been replaced by higher revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back