Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 Drawing View Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcarey1968

Automotive
Feb 1, 2003
US
Is there a way to stop a section view from moving in position on the drawing when it's updated to the latest data. For example I have a section cut that I created on one sheet of my drawing and then copied over to another sheet. And of course once on that sheet I moved it to where I wante it to be on that sheet. But now every time I update that section view it snaps back to the original position it was in when I first copied it to that sheet. This is very annoying when you have 12 different sections you have to move back into their required positions on the drawing everytime an update is performed. Can someone please provide me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Tim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jackk,

I figured it out. It's because I was running in cache mode, then saving the file and then opeing it up in design mode. This causes the drawing to want a update because it doesn't recognize the difference in the data sets. But if you maintain the design mode on open then it will not require an update... Same goes for if your working in cache mode as well. Basically whatever mode your in while creating the drawing needs to be maintained and you'll be fine. This rule also applys to my other thread as well on the views moving during an update.

Have a good day,

Tim

Hi,

I think i understand what your asking, right click the projection or section find the item that says front view object (or whatever your view is). Then click Isolate.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back