Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 - Merging sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbarata

Automotive
Aug 14, 2012
Hello my friends

In Catia v5, is it possible to create a sketch using two different sketches placed on the same plane?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you trying to create a sketch using another sketch as reference? You can Project lines or create constraint dimensions with the linnes from original sketch.

Yes, I am trying to create a sketch using another sketch as reference. I've looked for the projection feature and another doubt arised.
When I project a sketch into another plane, it will be constrained by the original sketch. And what about after I isolate it? Is there any way to keep the original constraints when I isolate it? Or do I have to create all the constraints again?

Thanks for the replies.

@rbarata
If you use the project 3D elements command and then isolate the elements you would have to recreate the constraints. If you want to keep the constraints why not just copy the original sketch and right-click on the new planar face and select paste? Or just copy the original, paste, and then right-click on the pasted sketch in the tree and select Sketch.# object > Change Sketch Support... and put it wherever you want?

Regards,
Drew Mumaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back