Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Catia V5 to Catia V4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipson

Automotive
Apr 29, 2003
US
Hi
In my company we have a lot of downstream processes that is built up on informations from Catia V4 and to be able to serve it during migration to V5 we have to translate V5 parts/Products to V4.... Now, my question is: does anybody know if there has been any larger evaluation done and if there is any kind of report in this matter that I could get my hands on?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the V4/V5 interoperability documentation. There are quite a few methods for this, depending on requirements. I'm in a similar situation. I'm more interested in assembly structure migration. IGES is still easier than the built in tools for some requirements. Seems we might be writing the methods ourselves rather than than getting help from a applications engineer. Sometimes you are the expert just by askig the questions. Add it to your resume!

K. C.

Dear Friend

To get the prduct structure from v5 to v4 STEP is the best method as it translates the product structure also. Iges wont give the product structure it will give only the surfaces.

amit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back