Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA v5r10 course costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdo

Mechanical
Jul 4, 2002
RO
Hi all,

Does anybody know how much is it a course for CATIA v5r10 (doesn't metter in which area or country)?

I need an aproximate amount (closer to real figures, if its possible).

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Fernando

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Expensive :)

I think it around 1,500.00 Euros (about same in US$) per person per day. I may be wrong on that though.

Cyril Guichard
Mechanical Engineer

I think it depends on where you are and who's offering the training. I just recently read about a company in Toronto Canada that's asking $1500 US. for one week.

That seemed to be about the going rate in Detroit Michigan for a company offering training.

I think there were some indivual persons advertising in the local newspaper there. They offered "CATIA Training".

I would think they would be cheaper but you never know who you're gonna get, even with a established company.

Regards,

RPM

Hi,

Thanks to all of you. Really, it was a pleasure to find that there are peoples who wants to help with different informations.

Yep, I also find that it really depends where are you located. Anyway, the prices are quite similar.

Thanks again.

Regards
Fernando

Fernando,
Better late, than never, or is it, better never late!?
Anyway, after reading this thread I just couldn't resist replying.
I believe another question to consider along with upfront cost of the course you are seeking, is what is the course's "true" market value. Or in other words, is the course you are considering worth taking. How does one decide what institution or more importantly in this case who has the best program and instructors for your needs? They may cost the same, but not all courses are made equal. Some are more useful than others. Ask around, look for referals from people you know who have taken the class. Will you be using the software in the near future?
The old saying goes, if you don't use it, you'll lose it. If you don't keep up, the rapid version/revision updates will outdate you ablities, so you'll need to practice right away.
If you are like most professional Designers, you're looking to get the "biggest bang for the buck" and to get up and runnng as quickly as possible. Just point an able Designer in the right direction and he'll or she'll do the rest.

Since, I do not have a vested interest in the company, I hope it is safe for me to ackowledge 'Practical Catia' in the Detroit area. Small class sizes. Although, not a Class A Surfacer's class as of yet, definitely worth the money.
prost

A answer to Monsieur FrenchCad :eek:)

I've seen in 2002 a technical highschool in Paris offering:
CV5R9 training, 1month training= 140 hours, 3000 euros.

That's 150 euros/day/person, isnt't it?

How come prices are that different from one place to another, in the same area ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back