Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CATIA V6 / 3DX BOM generation from CATProduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korey_with_a_K

Aerospace
Oct 24, 2023
US
In CATIA V5 in Asssembly Design you could go to Analyze | Bill-of-Material to view and then export a BOM into Excel (or txt file I think).

I cannot figure out how to do this in Catia V6 or the integrated 3DX Catia version 2023.

Can someone provide help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When I use spreadsheet option in Product Modification tab, I get a single line for every component. Instead I want the BOM with part counts of each different part. Instead of a 2000-line spreadsheet listing all the fasteners one by one for each instance, I want CATIA to spit out the quantity of each fastener. So if there's 4 different fasteners but 2000 of them, I want it to say:

PINGY6-5 | 750
PINYR6-6 | 250
PINLM8-12 | 550
PINZA5-9 | 450

Am I missing something in the functionality of the spreadsheet option?

I discovered in 3D Product Architect I can right click and "Open With" the Engineering Release module and it will give me a BOM in a window with proper part counts for each component. But unfortunately, it doesn't tell me what level the components are on. So, I can't tell if something is a sub-assembly or an assembly or which product a part feeds. This works for simple assemblies with no sub-assemblies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back