Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CATIA V6 and machining module gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacific123

Aerospace
Mar 6, 2009
US
HI there,
A friend of mine claims that the new CATIA V6 only has rapid prototyping in the machining module. He says that the traditional 3,4 and 5 axis machining operations are no more. Is this true? If so, does Dassault plan on releasing a special machining module in the future?

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The information I have is that machining modules has been moved to DELMIA. Sounds reasonable considering that the machining modules used the PPR structure.

Question:
Is the Interface moved over to a DELMIA interface? Or is the interface the same as the CATIA interface?

When DS switched from V4 to V5, they moved all of the DMU products to ENOVIA. This included not only DMU Navigator (which was new in V5) but also the Kinematics and Fitting Simulator products. They still run inside a CATIA interface. The only difference at our end is that our invoices show our license fees for the DMU products going to ENOVIA rather than to CATIA. The developers also moved from CATIA Corp to ENOVIA Corp, but that was transparent to the users.

I suspect that you will find V6 and DELMIA to be similar.

It is my understanding that, in V6 there is no longer a difference between the Engineering Hub (ENOVIA) and the Manufacturing Hub (DELMIA), there is simply ENOVIA V6 (fka MatrixOne). The Graphics Engine is still CATIA.

I also suspect that many people are panicking prematurely.

DELMIA V5 and CATIA V5 use the same inteface and it's the same for V6, I get the impression that the machining move is just a regrouping of manufacturing workbenches to the manufacturing brand, don't see a real change for us users.

Just to clarify to those that are not familiar with DELMIA, there are some different plattforms for it, the V5 that share the same platform and user interface as Catia V5 and there are DELMIA E5 and D5 that are still used legacy systems with their own user inteface.

As catiajim says I have the same info that there are no different pdm/plm systems just one based on M1, and that there will be different layers, havenät seen anythingon that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back